Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Colors Within, The Colors Without

Anybody who has known me since at least 2008 knows how much it meant to me to be able to leave corporate-America in early 2008 and let my hair down(literally)and hit the road to explore the West! Some of my favorite companions over the past 3 years of travel have been my long hair blowing in the wind, my bandanas that keep it from blowing in my face, my sandals and of course..my tye dyes.
Today I pay tribute to the departure of the "tye dye generation" as I donated my remaining 2 tye dyes to the thrift store.(the green one met the trash can the first night of my relocation from Illinois in 2011 full of holes it was hard to let it go, but new beginnings require freshness)
Maybe some other young man here in California who aspires to find himself by going EAST can find some use in the remaining 2 tye dyes?
I was never a hippie(but was called it often)but for whatever reason I felt a connection to all three shirts for some reason. I felt each one expressed a different side of my inner expression, it was the first time I wore clothes proudly but sometime after Spring of 2011 I put them on and they didn't seem to light me up anymore. Time to move on.
For whatever reason I have outgrown the tye dyes but they will always be a memorable outward expression of the colors I felt deep inside as I journeyed into the powerful wild West.
=:) THANK YOU for all the color, tye dyes!



Written: San Jose, California 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment